Lemon Rice – Quick And Easy South Indian Rice Recipe By Ruchi Bharani
Watch and Learn How to make Lemon Rice – Quick And Easy South Indian Rice Recipe By Ruchi Bharani
Ruchi Bharani brings you one of the most popular and often made rice recipe from the land of South India called the lemon rice. This delicious South Indian rice dish is the best option to resort to when in a hurry, as you can make it using leftover rice. It’s quick, hassle-free and also makes a great lunch box option.
1 1/2 cup rice (boiled)
1/2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp peanuts
1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
2 green chillies (split)
1 lemon juice
1 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp gram dal
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1 red chilli
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
– In a bowl, add the boiled rice, squeeze in the lemon juice and salt to taste and mix the ingredients well.
– Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds.
– Once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the split gram dal and the split white lentil and let them cook for a few seconds.
– Add the peanuts and cook until they are slightly brown in colour.
– Add the cashewnuts and let all the ingredients turn brown in colour.
– Add the dry red chilli, asafoetida, finely chopped ginger (optional), turmeric powder and the lemon infused rice.
– Add the finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and ghee and give it a nice toss.
– The lemon rice is ready to be plated.
– Put it in a bowl and invert the bowl on a plate. Serve the lemon rice with pickle and papadams.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Assistant Director : Ivan Pereira
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Sagar Bamnolikar
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/UDHp2B
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/K7aldd
Share on G+ – http://goo.gl/tCSI35
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood