Paneer Butter Masala | Authentic North Indian Main Course Recipe | Kanak’s Kitchen [HD,CC]
Learn how to make Paneer Butter Masala, a restaurant style recipe by chef Kanak.
Paneer Butter Masala or Paneer Makhani is a very famous North Indian veg main-course dish. This dish can be enjoyed with naan, roti or rice.
Paneer 200 gms cut in cubes
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp oil
2 Onions cut in cubes
4 tomatoes cut in cubes
A bay leaf
Cinnamon- small piece
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Garlic pods 8-10
Ginger- small piece
Dry fenugreek leaves- 1 tsp
Salt as required
Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Honey/sugar- 1 tsp
Fresh cream 4 tbsp
some fresh coriander
– In a wok, add butter, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon sticks and stir fry it for few minutes.
– Add garlic and ginger and fry for a minute.
– Add the onions and cook until they are cooked and tender.
– Add the tomatoes and cook for about 2 – 4 minutes.
– Add the cashew nuts, salt to taste and water and cover the wok with a lid on a medium high flame for about 10 – 12 minutes.
– Once cooked, let it cool down slightly and then add this to a mixture along with little water and blend for about 30 – 40 seconds.
– Strain this mixture into another bowl to avoid lumps.
– In a wok, add the butter and oil.
– Add a bay leaf followed by red chilli powder and stir well. Then quickly add the strained mixture to it and cook for about 4 – 5 minutes.
– Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
– Using hands, crush the fenugreek leaves and add to the gravy.
– Add honey and then stir in the fresh cream.
– Add the paneer cubes and let them cook well until they are coated completely with the gravy.
For more such recipes, subscribe here: