CKP Mutton | Maharashtrian Recipes | Sanjeev Kapoor khazana
Watch this video to learn how to make CKP mutton an awesome Maharashtrian dish.
750 grams mutton, cut into 1½ inch pieces on the bone
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoons fennel seeds (saunf)
1 inch ginger
4-6 garlic cloves
3-4 green chillies
½ inch cinnamon stick
Salt to taste
A generous pinch of asafoetida
2 tablespoons oil
2 medium onions, sliced
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masalapowder
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. To make marinade for mutton, put chopped onion, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, ginger, garlic, green chillies and cinnamon in a mixer jar and grind to a fine paste with enough water.
2. Put mutton in a mixing bowl, add salt,a pinch ofasafoetida and the paste and mix well. Add a tablespoon of oil and set asideto marinate for ten to fifteen minutes.
3. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan, add remaining asafoetida and sliced onions and sauté till the onions are light brown.
4. Add mutton and sauté for two-three minutes. Add chilli powder andgaram masala and mix well.
5. Add a cup of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook, on low heat, for forty to forty-five minutes.
6. Add coconut milk and mix well. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for five more minutes.
7. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf