Chicken Kolhapuri | Popular Chicken Curry Recipe | The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar
Learn how to make Chicken Kolhapuri at home with chef Varun Inamdar only on Rajshri Food
Chicken Kolhapuri is delicious, spicy and mouth watering chicken curry which is also one of the popular chicken curry served in restaurants. So make this restaurant favourite dish at home with chef Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried.
For 1 cupful of kolhapuri masala
1/2 cup coriander seeds
1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/4 cup desiccated dry coconut
1 tsp sesame seed
8-10 black peppercorns
Small pc. cinnamon stick
1 tsp white poppy seeds
Pinch full dry fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 small onion, thinly sliced
5-6 cloves garlic
2 tbsp oil
8-10 spicy red chilies
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp tamarind pulp
For the assembly
5 tbsp kolhapuri masala
3 tbsp oil
2 nos tomatoes chopped
Handful of coriander leaves
Water as required
Salt as required
400 gms chicken
For Kolhapuri Masala :
– In a pan heat some oil and add onions to it and cook on moderate flame, till it turns golden brown and add some garlic to it. Once done reserve it in a bowl.
– Add desicated coconut and oil and toss it until it turns light brown in clour and add it to the same bowl.
– Toast the lavangi kolhapuri red chillies and then add them to the bowl.
– Follow up the same procedure with coriander seeds.
– Follow the same steps with fennel seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper cods and fenugreek seeds mix them well after some time add sesame seed, poppy seeds and cinnamon stick and place it in the same bowl
– Let it cool for 10 minutes
– Grind together all the roasted masala also add salt, turmeric and tamarind. To make a smooth paste add some water.
For Chicken Kolhapuri
– Heat the pan and add oil, once the oil is moderately heated, add the ready Kolhapuri masala and saute it properly
– Add tomatoes until they become nice and soft then add water and let it boil.
– Marinate the chicken with salt and turmeric and allow it to rest for 6-7 minutes
– Add the marinated chicken to the curry and some water too
– Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 12-15 minutes
– Garnish it with coriander leaves
Chicken Kolhapuri is ready to be served!
Host : Varun Inamdar
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: https://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/q9IFKy
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/H2yfNZ