Appetizer Recipes – Artichoke Spinach Balls
These Artichoke Spinach Balls are the perfect appetizer to take to your next party or get together. This easy appetizer would also be a great way to add something a little different to your Super Bowl Party. I shared this recipe with one of my friends and she said it went over well at her baby shower. If you are looking for some appetizer ideas, I highly recommend this recipe. This Artichoke Spinach recipe is not only tasty, but budget friendly.
This appetizer can be made a long time in advance, frozen, then fried right before serving. They re-heat very well in the microwave or oven, but the oven would be best.
Spinach and Artichoke Balls Recipe:
9 ounces frozen spinach
6 to 7 ounces artichoke hearts (drained)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup panko bread crumbs
3 eggs beaten (one for mixture and 2 for the breading process)
1/2 cup flour
1 lemon or lemon juice
Season to taste using whatever seasoning you prefer
4 cups canola or vegetable oil
• 1 In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, one egg and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Place bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm.
• 2 Place the panko, eggs and flour in 3 small bowls.
• 3 Roll the spinach mixture into 1-inch balls. Lightly roll in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip each ball in the egg wash, then lightly roll around in the panko breadcrumbs.
• 4 Fry in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes total.
• 5 Serve immediately with lemon slices.
Video URL: https://youtu.be/_xpt-2xsLS4