Basic CROUTONS – How to make CROUTONS Recipe
Make your own CROUTONS at home…serve with salads & soups or crush to make bread crumbs. Click on “Show more” below for this simple recipe…
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6 slices of bread (I used Sourdough), let sit in room temperature overnight
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh cracked black pepper
1. With a pastry brush, brush each side of bread with olive oil.
2. Trim ends of bread (if desired) for uniformed shapes. Cut bread into desired cubed.
3. Add cubes of bread to bowl.
4. Add desired salt and pepper to cubed croutons several times during several tossings.
5. Add croutons to flat cookie sheet, in single layer.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Basic Croutons can be stored in airtight container for up to 5 days.