Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps – Paula Deen’s Blast from the Past
A delicious and refreshing dish that can be served as an appetizer or main course. https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/lime-shrimp-lettuce-wraps/
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons divided vegetable oil
2 tablespoons divided soy sauce
3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 clove minced garlic
1 lb medium peeled, deveined, and chopped fresh shrimp
1/2 diced red bell pepper
2 diced green onions
1 (5 oz) can drained and chopped water chestnuts
1 head cored, cut in 1/2 iceberg lettuce
1. In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
2. Add shrimp and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add bell pepper, green onions, and water chestnuts; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and marinade and cook 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
6. Divide lettuce into leaves. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture down center of 1 lettuce leaf.
7. Fold bottom edge and sides up and over filling. Repeat with remaining lettuce leaves and shrimp filling.
8. Serve and enjoy!